Why be ethical? It’s the smart thing to do. And it’s the right thing to do.
- Competitive edge – People prefer to work with those they can trust.
- Credibility – People believe you when they know you are honest and will keep your promises.
- Efficiency – Trust makes decision making faster and more economical.
- Morale – People feel better about their jobs and themselves.
- Loyalty – Employee and customer loyalty fosters sustainability of your organization and growth.
- Personal satisfaction – Ethical people enjoy self respect and esteem of others. Their inner and outer selves are at peace with each other, freeing them to focus efficiently on the task at hand.
Most important, as we said above, it’s the right thing to do.